You may follow the list links to some great-looking Steam skins compatible with the program’s latest version. When they work currently, that is May 2012, and we can’t guarantee that they will work in the future.
Pixelvision Skin: Here, the skin makes light changes to Steam. It may keep in the general look and feel but uses different fonts, some new icons, and some accentuations.
Halina’s: If you do not like Steam’s new black interface, this theme is for you. It is a clean-looking theme, which introduces several interfaces as changes.
Steam Metro: Here, they use larger fonts than the Pixelvision skin, keeps most of the default Steam theme, at least where the positioning of items and elements on the screen is concerned.
How do we have to change the Steam gaming app’s skin?
Steam may offer plenty of chances for gamers who want to experience computer gaming any
Steam allowed them to customize and mod creativity to the next level when some exercise their right to modify their games beyond recognition.
Here, Steam skins will allow the users to change the overall appearance of the Steam app. Some examples include changes in the text font is written in or even redesigns the entire user interface.
While you try the dull and dark default colors of Steam and are interested in a change of scenery, here is how to install Steam skins on both Windows and Mac. Next we learn how to installing steam skins in this article.
How to change Steam skins on Windows?
- You can open a web browser and head to SteamSkins.org. They have numerous sites where you can find Steam skins. Still, this one combined skins from various sites.
- Here, you’re on the website, select a Steam skin you wish to download. You may search for skins or browse by category. You may scroll down to the bottom of the page for skin and download the file from the “Direct Download” link.
- You can open it and drag the folder, which comes out into the Steam skins folder, located in your Steam directory when the .zip file is downloading. In nearly all cases, it will identify the Steam directory in either the “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)” folder. Here, you want to open “Steam” and then “Skins.”
- You can drag and drop the skins folder you downloaded into the “Skins” folder in the Steam directory.
- Launch Steam on the computer and click the button that says “Steam” in the top-left. In the drop-down menu, select “Settings.”
- Now click on the “Interface” section in the left sidebar while you’re in Settings.
- You should click on the skin from the “Select the skin you wish Steam to use” drop-down menu.
- Then you select a new skin, click “OK,” and then restart Steam. After the app finishes restarting, we will apply the new skin.
How do we need to change Steam skins on Mac?
- In the web browser, start to search about SteamSkins.org.
- Here, on the site, you can search for skins or sort them by category. Click the title to be brought to its information page.
- Hence, at the bottom of the skin’s information page, click the “Direct Download” link. It will download either a .zip or .rar file onto the computer.
- Double-click the file you downloaded, and the Mac will naturally extract the files and place them in a single folder.
- Here, in a new Finder window, press Command + Shift + G., It can open a menu ask you for a “path.” Now, Paste “~/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/skins” into the text box (without the quotes) and click “Go.”
- It may open Steam’s Skins folder. Here, drag and drop the folder you extracted back in Step 4 into this Skins folder.
- Here, open Steam, or restart it if it’s already open. When it is available, click the word “Steam” in the menu bar and select “Preferences…” from the drop-down menu.
- You can select the “Interface” in the sidebar on the left.
- Now you should click “OK” at the bottom of the window, and the drop-down menu label opens “Select the skin you wish Steam to use,” and select the new skin.
- Steam will ask you to restart. Select “Restart Steam.”
Here, Steam starts up again, and we should apply the new skin. If it isn’t, make sure that you copied over the correct folder and that your downloaded skin is up-to-date. Do visit Askcorran website once and enjoy your time there.
We suggest you check out a thread at the official Steam forum that links to bunches of different Steam skins. Still, note that we have only included skins here that do not ask you to change Steam resource files.